so i thought i'd try my hand a blogging again. lets see how long i keep it up 'eh?
i've never put a lot of thought into pulling handles. it hasn't come as naturally to me as most other things in clay. so for a while now i've been loading up my extruder and have been extruding my handles. but no matter how i position them, or shape them, or whatever i'm just not happy with my handles. so tonight after i got the kids to bed i went out and pulled lots of handles. way more handles than i had mugs for. i did it very grudgingly at first. i didn't like it at all. i've still got a way to go but i'm starting to get the hang of it now. not to say i started to enjoy it, but i will say that my new handles are some of my favorites i've made so far. and they fit my cups much better than the extruded handles.
anyway, hopefully i'll be back soon lol. i don't get a lot of studio time because of my youngest. she's a special needs kid and we've been having some problems with her. but i'm hoping to keep you updated on my progress in the studio. i'm getting ready to start working on some new ideas and take some of my work in a different direction and i'm quite excited about it. so stay tuned!
Strawberry Critter Cover - Here's the strawberry critter cover Gary and I built. I was going to use chicken wire but then I remembered we had this plastic grid on a roll that we use...