Saturday, June 12, 2010

cameras, peeing in public, pottery, and evil eyes

i've been a busy girl this last week, hadn't had a chance to write about it till now. my camera died the other day so we went out today to get a new one. can't wait to try it out, i think i'll be able to improve on my pictures of my work. while we were out we decided to take the kids to the children's museum and the carousel. between the 2 we walked around for a bit an let the kids play on the rocks, it's all clustered right there together. the kids were running around and i hear Cooper say "Mom....... pee!" I turn around and the boy has his shorts around his knees, hiney shining, and he's getting ready to pee in the bushes! That boy is something else.

a few days ago my friend's daughter came over to watch the kids for a bit in exchange for me teaching her how to use the wheel. it went well, but it's weird trying to teach someone something that you basically taught yourself to do. i know i do things different than the accepted norm. my hand positions are weird, i do things w/ my left hand that i know i should be doing w/ my right. but i can't help it, that's just how it works for me. she's a bright girl though and prefers for me to show her a little and let her figure it out on her own. she's not looking for a career in pottery, she just wants to learn a little and make a few pots and she'll be happy. she made a little miniature goblet/vase looking thing that she was happy with so it's drying now and i'll put it in the kiln w/ my stuff when i fire next time.  i hope she likes doing it and wants to keep it up. i could use the baby sitter and it was nice not being in my studio all by my lonesome.

fridays are turning out to be my all-day-uninterrupted-studio-days and i got a lot done yesterday. i got the kinks out of my french butter dishes and i'm very excited about them now.  figured out how to get the lids to fit perfectly every time. also made a bunch of new flower vases. actually more of a swamp vase i think, but i'm not really sure. i'll have to look it up to see exactly what it is i made lol.

that's all for now. there's more going on here, but for the life of me i can't think of what it is right now. and my husband is giving me the evil eye so i better get off the computer. i'll get some pictures of my new work and show off it and my new camera in my next post.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I want to see that swamp vase, he he. or should I say pee pee he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!, I remember those days, mine no longer pees in public but will discreetly pee outside during a hike in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.. I think the peeing in the bushes is great!! Sounds like my 5 year old Grandsons.
    I'm so glad that you're getting some solid studio time. Awesome!
    :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see that Friday's are going to be your new favourite day of the week! "Thank Crunchie it's Friday!" or is that just a UK thing?? I have a mug with that written on.

    It sounds like your student is learning very quickly! I look forward to seeing what she has made :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Linda, i'll post pics of the vases or whatever they are in the next day or two.

    Hi Laurie and Cindy!

    Undaunted, never heard of a crunchie, but i get the idea, wouldn't mind having a mug w/ that on it myself lol. Ann is her name, weird thinking of her as my student. i hadn't thought of posting a pic but i can definitely do that :)

    ReplyDelete